Tuesday 10 November 2015

London Pubs


On a recent visit to capital I snapped some impressive drinking establishments. Mostly Victorian but some a lot older.


Duke's Head, Putney. Beside the River Thames and no doubt popular with the rowers from the nearby clubs.


The Bricklayer's Arms, Putney. The first Thursday in the month is S&M night. Don't ask me how I know, I just do.



The World's End, Chelsea. English Heritage call it "a fine example of a public house in the gin palace genre".

The Jolly Gardeners, Putney. A good place for "al Fresco" drinking. Outside it has "potting sheds". They have fierce infra red heaters that will cope with any cold you'll get in London.







The Railway, Putney. Part of the vast Witherspoon empire.


 The Spotted Horse, Putney. Over 250 years old.


The Coat and Badge, Putney. More outdoor boozing. Do they know that there's cows on the roof?


 The Admiralty, near Trafalgar Square


 The Clachan in central London. A common pub name in Scotland.

The Eight Bells, Fulham. Established in 1629 but the building is a century or so younger. My "local" in the capital.

 The Half Moon, Putney. A famous music venue and a nice pub.

2 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you have pubs older than the US...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative.. carbon mtb rim

    ReplyDelete